ENT Treatment in Bangalore
ENT is a short form for ears, nose and throat. A physician specialising in treating diseases of ears, nose and throat is called an otolaryngologist. Much importance is given to ENT treatment in India. The ears, nose and throat are vital in day to day functioning. The ears are not only organs of hearing but also provide a sense of balance. The nose is not only an organ of smell, but also works as an organ of taste.
Ear Nose Throat Disorders
Surgeries to treat throat diseases include complex procedures like laryngectomy (removal of larynx) and simple procedures like tonsillectomy (removal of tonsils) and adenoidectomy (removal of the adenoids). Ear surgeries are performed to treat the problems with hearing. Nasal surgeries are done to treat problems with sinus.
Treatment for ENT in India is accessible for the below mentioned problems:
Treatment for ENT problems is carried out by an Otolaryngologist. Treatment for ENT problems depend on the nature of problem and symptoms. In preliminary stages, surgical procedures may be unnecessary but they may be necessary if the extent of disease is severe.
Inner Ear Disorders
- Vestibular system
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
- Ear Disorders Caused by Drugs
- Herpes Zoster Oticus
- Meniere Disease
- Purulent Labyrinthitis
- Vestibular Neuronitis
Middle Ear Disorders
- Infection (such as acute otitis media, chronic otitis media, myringitis, or mastoiditis)
- Blockage of the eustachian tube (which connects the middle ear and the back of the
- Injury (such as eardrum perforation, barotrauma, or objects in the ear)
Mouth and Throat Disorders
- Retropharyngeal Abscess
- Salivary Gland Disorders
- Submandibular Space Infection
- Tonsillar Cellulitis and Tonsillar Abscess
- Vocal Cord Polyps, Nodules, and Granulomas
- Vocal Cord Contact Ulcers
- Vocal Cord Paralysis
- Vocal cord polyps and nodules
- Laryngeal papillomas
- Throat infections (pharyngitis)
- Mouth, Nose, and Throat Cancers
- Laryngeal Cancer
- Nasopharyngeal Cancer
- Mouth and Throat Cancer
- Paranasal Sinus Cancer
- Salivary Gland Cancer
Nose and Sinus Disorders
- Bacterial Nasal Infections
- Deviated Septum
- Nasal Polyps
- Objects in the Nose
- Perforations of the Septum
Outer Ear Disorders
- Developmental Abnormalities of the Outer Ear
- Ear Blockages
- Ear Tumors
- External Otitis (Swimmer's Ear)
- Malignant External Otitis
Paediatric (Kids) Ear, Nose & Throat Conditions
- Central Auditory Processing Disorder
- Kids Airway
- Kids Hearing (Hearing Loss)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (Sleep & Snoring)
- Unintelligible Speech
The ENT surgeries are divided into three categories-
- Endoscopic orbital, optic nerve decompression and DCR.
- Revision ear surgery
- Middle ear reconstructive surgery
- Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Facial nerve surgery
- Congenital anomalies of the ear
- Neck and head surgery
- Endoscopic skull base surgery
- Surgeries for sleep apnoea and snoring
- Septorhinoplasty and Septoplasty
- Neck and head cancer surgery
- Laser surgery for neck and head lesions
- Micro laryngeal surgery
- Speech and Audiology Therapies
- Pseudohypacusis tests
- Behaviour Response Audiometry
- Hearing Assessment
- Hearing Aid Fitting and Trial
- Special tests of hearing- Tine Decay Threshold, DLI, MLB, UCL, Loudness Scaling, STAT,
- ABLB, MCL
- Free Field Audiometry
- Electrophysiological evaluation of hearing through the brain stem evoked response
- Conditioned response audiometry
- Pure tone audiometry
- Acoustic Immitance Studies such as Stapedial reflex, Reflex decay, Tympanogram,
Eustachain tube function test
Voice Speech and Language Disorders
- Maintenance speech therapy as a result of degenerative disorders.
- Speech and language delay due to intellectual disability, autism and hearing loss.
- Changes in voice (Androphonia, Puberphonia, Spastic Dysphonia, etc).
- Difficulty in articulation.
- Swallowing difficulty (dysphagia).
- Speech disorders arising from brain damage like dysarthria, apraxia, etc.
Surgeries are carried out by ENT specialists and the hospitals have the best facilities to carry out assessment, audio/visual investigation, OPD procedures, radiography, scanning, etc. Treatment for ENT diseases in India is very cost effective in comparison to other regions of the world. There is no dearth of hospitals, specialists, latest technology and specialised care in treating patients in India.